(the application period for this project expired on Feb 7th, 2018)
Freelancer statistician, 3×3 basketball
- Collect certain team and player statistics of the 2017 FIBA 3×3 World Tour season from video with the help of a set of tools.
- The task is for each game to collects stats like made/missed shots, turnovers and clip/mark certain plays for further evaluation. The season consists about 160 games, each lasting 10 minutes effective time, which is about 20 minutes in calendar time.
Contract and process
- A part-time project of which about 25% would be performed in the FIBA 3×3 project office (Annankatu 34, Helsinki, Finland, above the Metro station) during weekly office hours and 75% can be performed remotely at the time of own’s choosing.
- The hours can be split in a flexible manner during the period from February to April 2018
- Compensation will be on ‘per game’ basis based on joint evaluation on the effort of covering one game
- Bringing one’s own laptop computer required
- Invoicing and employment status through an own company or a service like Eezy required.
- Strong skills in computer-based basketball stats collection (e.g. FIBA LiveStats)
- Enough of basketball experience to quickly grasp the difference between 5-5 and 3×3 basketball
- Past experience – or the ability to learn quickly – basketball play video clipping tools (such as Krossover, Hudl, Sideline Sports etc).
- Good written and oral English language skills (you will be working with an international team)
- Career aspirations and/or on-going related university-level studies in the area of sports business considered a plus
Applications and more information
- Contact FIBA 3×3 Head of Digital, Juha-Pekka Sipponen (juha-pekka.sipponen@fiba,com or +358 40 5060054) either in English or Finnish before Feb 7th, 2018